This procedure describes how to report a connectivity issue on your 3DS OUTSCALE resources.
Check for on-going network outage
You can check the real-time status of 3DS OUTSCALE services at the following address: https://status.outscale.com/.
The Connectivity tab displays the network connectivity for each Internet service provider within the selected Cloud Region. The color of the status bar indicates the rate of data packages received:
- Red: < 50%
- Yellow: ≥ 51% and < 97%
- Green: ≥ 97%
Contact the 3DS OUTSCALE technical support
The 3DS OUTSCALE support is available via phone, email or the Internet:
Phone: 0826 206 307 within France, +33 155390133 for international calls.
- 3DS OUTSCALE Support web interface: https://support.outscale.com (prior registration needed)
Provide background information
When opening a new support ticket, you must provide the following information:
- The Cloud Region the issue is related to (for example, eu-west-2).
- The account ID or email associated with the account ID.
- The timestamp with time zone of the incident (UTC is preferred).
- The ID of all the resources in the Cloud this ticket refers to (for example,
- Tools used with their version.
For more information, see Technical Support.
Describe your issue
The connectivity issue may be on your side of the connection, on the Internet, or between you and the DirectLink provider (MPLS or leased lines).
To help us establish where the issue is located:
Provide your public IP address, on your side of the connection.
You must provide the public IP address corresponding to the protocol you are testing.
Beware that you can go through different gateways depending on the protocol you are using. For example, you can go through some proxy for HTTP/HTTPS, but directly through a router for others protocols. That means that your IP address may be different on your side of the connection.
- Describe exactly what you are testing and how. Give as much detailed information as possible, such as the name and version of the monitoring tools, the probe used, and the configuration of the probe.
- Provide as many logs as possible, with timestamps and time zone (UTC is preferred).
Provide a complete traceroute from the client experiencing the issue to the resources.
In case of "*" in your traceroute, do a ping on the first IP showing "*" and provide the returned information. If no package is lost, do a ping on the next IP showing "*" in the traceroute, and so on.
- Test the 3DS OUTSCALE website for your Region using ping and hping (on TCP port 443), and report "OK" or "KO" for each test.
- Test the network issue from other networks. You can use any publicly-available tools on the Internet.
- Provide the contact information of someone on your side ready to debug the connectivity with our Network Engineering Team.